Friday, November 21, 2008
What a looong week!
I don't know exactly why, but this week went by so slowly for me, although, today went quickly enough. It's been extremely slow at work (thanks, shitty economy!) so I haven't been absorbed in work. I could have done some knitting ( who would know?) but I'm decreasing for the crown, and can't afford to be interrupted, as I will forget where I was and then it's rip! rip! rip!...I haven't got time for do-overs! SO, now I'm waiting for Chinese food to come...yes, it's being delivered in a sense; Ken's picking it up and delivering it home to me-lol-I even got him to run into the grocery store to get me two ingredients that I need for baking pies. I am going to make a pecan pie, as well as sweet potato. The pecan pie is for Thanksgiving, and the sweet potato is for practice...I want to make a couple to bring to my sister's for Christmas, and I've only made sweet potato one time, and the crust was soggy... I failed to read the part about brushing the crust with melted shortening or vegetable oil...supposedly that keeps the crust crisp..we'll see! Y ou may think "Hey! You have days before Thanksgiving!" Yes, except that I will begin 2 dog sitting jobs this weekend, one runs thru next Saturday and the other thru next Wed.,which will cut down on my free time quite a bit, so I'm trying to stay ahead of the game. I'll keep you posted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment