I got a really nice surprise for Valentine's day...I din't have to really cook my own dinner, and I got candy, flowers AND jewelry!!! My SO got me a lovely set of a ring, earrings and a necklace that all have a heart shaped "ruby" in them. I put ruby in quotation marks, because the stones are lab created, but just as beautiful as the real thing.
I am really hard on jewelry-using my hands a lot at work and at home. I have lost stones out of bracelets at Jazzercise, lost rings, and nearly lost a diamond out of a ring that was left to me by my grandmother. Thank goodness I realized the stone was loose before it fell out. It's not the monetary value of the ring, more the sentiment, as it was a ring my Mema had made from a ring my grandfather had given to her many years before. It's a one I wear quite a bit, mainly to keep Mema close to me. She was the one person in my life that thought I was the BEST, no matter what. Even after her stroke, (I visited her in the hospital the day after), although she was having trouble with my name, she knew who I was and she called me "special purpose". That was the last time I saw her alert (she slipped into a coma and passed away about a week later) and the last words we said to one another was "I love you". I guess that's the best gift you can give someone. Knowing that you are loved.
Hope all your days have a "special purpose"!
No comments:
Post a Comment