Saturday, January 17, 2009

Knitting has taken over!


Sorry to have been absent for a while, but I have been knitting up a storm! I just finished my fingerless mittens, and they are a success! I still have one ball of yarn, so I am going to make another pair and will probably send them to my mother...I'll have to adjust the pattern a tiny bit as her hands are much narrower than mine...I definitely have the farmer hands in the family...thanks great grandmother Murell! Well, other than knitting, life has been pretty much the same... well, except that I am now addicted to Guitar Hero! I played it for the first time at Christmas, and got booed offstage a few times...made me want to do better! It's like crack I suppose....do it once, and you want to do it again and again. One of my best friends got it, and last weekend I went over and we played for HOURS....now, when I hear songs from the playlist, I mentally go to the "green" "red" "yellow" place (the colors of the buttons you push in Easy mode). See, I really do have a problem! And the first step is admitting it - LOL!

So, whether it's knitting, Guitar Hero, or whatever floats your boat...find something you feel passionate about and do it! Even if you never did it before...try it! Fear is only to be acknowledged and then overcome...don't let it stagnate you! "soapbox is now put away".

No comments: