I had a complete and total meltdown on Monday night...against my better judgement, I downloaded a game last weekend onto my laptop. Sunday night, after I finished playing, I turned my computer off and went to bed. Inagine my surprise, when on Monday night, I turn on my computer to find that NO programs can be accessed. I reboot. And reboot. Repeat 4 more times...nada. Ok, so this isn't good (voice in head is repeating this, over and over). Well, to make a long story short, I had to reformat my hard drive, which resulted in the computer still not working...and now it just shows a grey screen. By the way, didn't I mention in an earlier post about my PMS status? Now you can have a little window into how this went down...at that point (grey screen) I just lost it. I was SO mad at myself, because I know NEVER to mess on game sites, because you can get trojans and other spyware from them, but I did it anyway. SO, after several minutes of freaking out, crying and chastizing myself, I called Lenovo and had them walk me thru fixing everything. So, it's all fixed now and the only games I will play are ones that I purchase from a known site with the CD. After it was all over, I ealized that all the animals were in here with me, and it was really sweet how concerned Maisy and Lucky seemed to be. Maisy sat and kept her paw on me, and Lucky made herself into a little ball in my lap; she's not a lap cat, she's a "I'll lay next to you and you rub my neck and back" cat. So their concern touched me!
Another reason this week went by quickly is HATS! I have 2 knitted and working on the third, which the way it looks, I shuld finish tomorrow. Then it's one more hat and 2 scarves. My car is beiing repaired right now, so I can't do anything at home (yeah, I COULD clean, but knitting has a stronger allure-I like knitting...hate cleaning!) I do need to pull out the lights and decorations at some point this weekend...see what lights need replacing, etc. Why is it when you put holiday lights away for the next year they work, and when you pull out the same friggin lights a year later they don't work? They've only been sitting in a box for dog's sake! WTF!!!
Ok, that was just a tiny rant, It's just always bugged me. I'm off to refresh my coffee and get to 2x2 rib knitting!
2 comments:
okay that sucks.. about the pc.. the only sites i download games from usually are shockwave.com and bigfishgames.com.. Mumbojumbo used to be great but they are asshats now.. hope everything is better in your world now.. and nothing like critter love I always say!
Yes, it was the asshats that f-ed up my computer...MUMBO JUMBO SUCKS!!!
Post a Comment