Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Amateur Meterologist


Last Friday night, Atlanta was hit by a tornado. I was driving home about an hour before the storms hit and did think that I was seeing quite a lot of lightning, but since most of it seemed to be cloud to cloud, I thought it was more of a light show instead of a warning to get my ass indoors. Luckily, all I had to deal with was rain and some big hailstones, unlike the people who's homes and lives were impacted by the tornado. Storms came through again later on, and again nothing but rain and hailstones. Saturday kept me indoors for a good part of the day, again watching the weather news and seeing tornados popping up all over the metro area. I haven't had a day like that since I was a kid, where the weather had me pretty shaken up. But I had plans for Saturday evening to visit a friend, and so I decided that there was no way that Mother Nature was going to keep me from a "girls" night. And as it turned out, the skies cleared and Saturday evening was beautiful and I got to spend time with one of my best friends.

The attached picture of the tornado ( circled in red) also makes me realize that even during a major weather event, you can still see how beautiful things can be!

1 comment:

Honi said...

when did u start a blog and not tell me.. :-)